93Q’s “Spirit of Giving” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WNTQ (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Radio LLC, 1064 James St., Syracuse, NY 13203, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the 93Q “Spirit of Giving” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding dual Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in Onondaga or Oswego County NY, who own their own home, who have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Radio LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01am ET on December 10, 2019 and will run through 11:59pm ET on December 19, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. Send an email to amy@93Q.com with a story in 200 words or less that explains why you need, or someone you know needs, a new furnace. Include the name of intended recipient, their home address, and entrant’s name, date of birth, home address, and phone number. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Winner Selection. At the conclusion of the Contest, Station will, in its sole discretion based on Station’s sole opinion of the best story of needing a new furnace, select one (1) entry to win the Grand Prize (as defined below). The winner will be announced on-air on or around 9:00am ET on December 20, 2019. The winning entrant will be contacted using the phone number provided with the entry, and the winning entrant (or the person they have nominated to receive the Grand Prize) may be awarded the Grand Prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Proof of home ownership will be required to claim the Grand Prize. Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. THE POTENTIAL WINNER MUST HAVE VERIFIED DOCUMENTATION OF HOME OWNERSHIP. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by telephone call after the date of winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the Contest Prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason in Station’s sole discretion, another candidate will be selected by the Station for eligibility consultation and this process will continue until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no qualified candidate is found who meets the eligibility specifications, the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by Station in its sole discretion. If winning recipient’s home heating system does not allow for installation of Grand Prize, winner will forfeit Grand Prize, Station will have no obligation to winner, and Station will select another winner by the method described in 4.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize consists of the following: a York TM9E single-stage furnace with an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) of up to 95%, thermostat, filter, metal connections to existing metal plenum return, electrical connections (metal duct work only; not wood), condensation pump, clean up and removal of the old furnace, a ten (10)-year manufacturer parts warranty when properly registered, and a one (1)-year labor warranty, all provided and installed by Breathe Easy of CNY Inc. ARV Four Thousand Five Hundred Fifty Dollars ($4,550). The installation site must be in compliance with any and all regulations, rules, ordinances and laws of the jurisdiction in which the work is to be performed, and otherwise meet all requirements and standards necessary to install the Grand Prize furnace, as determined in the sole discretion of Breathe Easy of CNY Inc. If asbestos is present, the winner will be required to bring in an abatement team at its sole cost and expense to remove the asbestos prior to installation of the furnace. The Grand Prize is redeemable only for (i) basement installation of a forced hot air natural gas or propane furnace (boiler and oil furnaces excluded), and (ii) the replacement of an existing code-compliant forced hot air furnace for a single-family home (mobile homes not eligible). Winner is solely responsible for any and all permits, variances or other requirements necessary to permit the work to be performed as contemplated in accordance with these rules, including the cost of any work and materials necessary to make the installation site compliant with the current building code. The suitability of the site for the installation described herein will be determined in the sole discretion of Breathe Easy of CNY Inc.
Winner receiving prize is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering or accepting the nomination for this Prize, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Station’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- All state, local, federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
- CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Radio LLC, WNTQ, 1064 James St., Syracuse NY 13203. Breathe Easy of CNY Inc., 1636 State Route 49, Constantia NY 13044.